As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops, the best way to protect yourself is the same as you would against any respiratory infection. Practice good hygiene by:
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
- observe social distancing of 1.5 metres and avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- make sure you stay home if you are sick
Due to the daily developing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, many organizations have reduced service. I have not but am of course being cautious.
I have consulted with the office of the NSW Attorney General and have instituted a community safety plan.
Although many JPs are no longer available, I am still happy to continue providing services locally as a Justice of the Peace however cannot accept people at my home at present and so while we have a threat of a pandemic in our midst, this is the current protocol:
- You MUST phone to make an appointment.
- When you phone, you may be asked certain questions to ensure public safety.
- Subject to availability, I will meet you at the St Clair Library.
- I will NOT meet with you if you are sick, have a temperature or cough, or a runny nose.
- YOU MUST stand at a safe distance at all times.
- YOU MUST have washed or sanitised your hands which must be dry and clean when we meet.
- The document/s MUST be dry and clean.
- YOU MUST bring your own black pen which only you will use (I have my own)
- Any copies for certification must be complete and ready and presented with the original. If it is a two-sided document you must have both sides copied.
- Any declarations MUST be completed and ready before you call.
- Any ID documents must be clean and readable to be without my touching it.
- If you are unable to comply, or I suspect for any reason, that you have not complied, with eh safety protocols, the meeting will be cancelled without notice whether or not documents have been signed.
- If I am unable to sanitise my hands before and after our meeting, the meeting will be cancelled without notice.